Pace of Play Pledge
It's time to change the culture that accepts slow play. Help us solve one of golf's biggest problems and play faster!
We hear too often how frustrated golfers are with lengthy rounds. With this pace of play program, we look forward to working with Southland golf courses and industry leaders to make golf more enjoyable for everyone involved with the game by gathering feedback and highlighting success stories. Help us by signing the pledge, putting the bag tag on your bag and sharing these tips with your foursome!
- Play ready golf throughout the entire round
- Walk fast
- The first person to complete each hole should immediately go to the next tee and is expected to be the first person to tee off. The second person to finish should replace the flagstick.
- Know where your group is in relation to the group in front of you
- Get your yardage and be ready to play before it is your turn to play.
- If someone isn’t quite ready to play, another player should play before them
- When any shot heads toward rough, a water hazard or trees, all players should watch closely as to where the ball lands
- Read your putt before it is your turn to play
- Recognize when someone will need the flagstick attended or your ball marked.
- Place your golf bag or park your golf cart near the next teeing ground
- If your ball might be lost outside a water hazard or out of bounds, play a Provisional Ball (Rule 27-2)
- On the Clock - Troon Gets Creative with Pace of Play
- Playing at the Pace of The Palms
- Slow Play? No Way.
Sign the pledge today and receive a limited edition Pace of Play bag tag! Expect your bag tag to be shipped within 2-3 weeks.