We understand that during this time there is much to be concerned about; our health, our families and friends, and of course the overall economic picture. While golf in SoCal has returned, safety protocols remain in place. Here’s how the SCGA remains active and engaged on your behalf.
So, what have we been doing?
- The SCGA is ensuring that golf is represented at all levels of government. We worked tirelessly to position golf alongside parks, beaches, walking/hiking trails, ball fields and playgrounds as an activity particularly amenable to the social distancing and common touch point controls embedded in all versions of state and county health orders. The effort proved fruitful as golf was literally the first activity restored to the lives of Southern Californians. SCGA will continue to remain vigilant as we deal with a pandemic that is not yet over.
- We continue to work with the state’s other golf leadership organizations to speak with one voice in making sure that golf’s interests are defended in halls of administration and the Governor’s Office.
- We continue to work with local agencies to ensure that golf’s interests are considered as health orders are updated to reflect changed circumstances.
- Registration is now open for all SCGA Championships, Member Outings and other playing opportunities.
- We’re continuing to publish our award-winning FORE Magazine while launching various video series and content to stay connected with juniors as well as with the more seasoned players. Follow us @thescga on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.
- We’ve developed new, virtual golf programming for junior golfers, which includes swing and fitness drills, girls golf online hangouts as well as an opportunity for kids to connect virtually with their SCGA Junior coaches. Registration is now open.
- And of course, we continue to support our 1,400 member clubs via technology and personalized assistance as they manage their rosters and communicate with their club membership.
All told, the SCGA continues to work hard through this crisis to ensure that Southern California golf bounces back strong.
As we safely return to our respective versions of normalcy, the SCGA is here, ready to help members and the entire Southland golf community Play Safe.
On behalf of the board of directors and staff, thank you for your continued trust and confidence. Stay safe and healthy.
SCGA Executive Director