The Net portion of the 2011 SCGA Tournament of Club Champions will be held this coming Monday. Flights/Locations will be broken down as follow:
Classic Club Flights: PAIRINGS
• Jack Nicklaus Flight: Participants with Handicap Indexes of 4.9 and below.
• Ben Hogan Flight: Participants age 55 and older with Handicap Indexes of 11.9 and below
Once home to the Bob Hope Chrysler Classic, Classic Club offers an enjoyable, yet demanding, test of golf. The rolling terrain and generous landing areas are accompanied by 30 acres of water features, which swim beneath the course’s 14 bridges. The pine trees and pine straw add a unique element to this new and impressive desert layout.
Desert Island Flights: PAIRINGS
• Arnold Palmer Flight: Participants with Handicap Indexes of 5.0 – 8.4.
• Gary Player Flight: Participants with Handicap Indexes of 8.5 and above
Players of all levels will fall in love with Desert Island's eye-popping, award-winning championship course, which surrounds a 25-acre lake nestled at the foot of the breathtaking San Jacinto and Santa Rosa mountain ranges. Desert Island's golf course is free of houses, resulting in magnificent lake and mountain views everywhere you look.
Bermuda Dunes Flight: PAIRINGS
• Byron Nelson Flight: Participants age 55 and older with Handicap Indexes of 12.0 and above.
Bermuda Dunes CC is one of the finest golfing experiences that the Coachella Valley has to offer. The golf course opened in 1959 and was designed by world-renowned designer Billy Bell. Bermuda Dunes is also known for having the longest running involvement in a major tournament, The Bob Hope Chrysler Classic, since it began in 1960. The newly redesigned greens will offer a great test to this classic desert golf course.